Modernize Your Garage With These Tips
When was the last time you upgraded your garage? When we talk about home renovations, we talk about everything to do with the interior of the house. We move from room to room, starting with the kitchen and ending with the bedrooms. We redo the bathrooms and we upgrade each of the hallways and then we move to the exterior and work on the garden. You have to do all that you can to make your home stand out, which is why you should be thinking about upgrading your garage alongside it.
Your garage isn’t just the place the car sleeps, you know. It’s the extension of your house. It’s the place you would keep your solar battery backup if you plug in your car, and it’s the place where you store your Christmas tree. You want your garage to be more than just the storage place, though. You want it to be somewhere you can use later on and it’s where you could even hang out with the neighbors from time to time, too. So, with this in mind, here are some of the best ways that you can upgrade your garage!
- You can insulate your garage door. If you want your home to remain warm through the year, you need to think about the garage as a source of leakage. All that lovely warm air from the radiators in the house can leak through the gaps in the garage door, but if you choose to upgrade the garage, start with insulation. You can then make sure that your garage is a secure place that remains at a steady temperature, too.
- Add a charge port. Are you upgrading your car? If so, you need to think about ensuring that you install a charge port to the garage so that you can plug in the car. If you have one of these, you need a solar battery backup, too, to ensure that you always have a way to keep your car moving. A charge port is going to help you to keep your car ready for the road.
- Upgrade the inner door. It’s so important that you upgrade the entire garage and if you want to add one small detail that will make life easier, you should add a flip-down door stop that you can attach to the inner door that leads to the house. This will be something you need as you move things from the car to the house, and you’ll find it much easier to cart around groceries with this.
- Give it a lick of paint. Smartening up your garage with a new coat of paint is really going to make a difference to the way your garage looks. If you treat your garage as an extension of the house, it’s going to look really good when it’s decorated properly. A lick of paint changes the look, the way you feel about the space and it can really brighten up your garage.
- Make it smarter. We’re talking about modernizing the garage here, which means that you need to consider connecting the garage to the house. Connecting the door to your WiFi is going to mean that you can open the garage door from inside the house. It’s a great way to make your home more secure, especially if you’re worried about being broken into.
- Replace the floor. The floor of the garage should never be carpet or anything that can absorb rainwater and mud! You should, however, consider upgrading your garage door by adding a floor cover. Shield paint is a great idea for your garage and you should even consider floor tiles, too.
- Make it comfortable. If you’re planning to work in your garage instead of just storing things in there, then the best thing that you can do is make it a comfortable place to be. You can either add in a new desk and chair or you can make your workbench an easy one to work with because you’ve got it at the right height with everything you need in arms length. You could even add some air conditioning and heating to the space – ducted, of course – so that it’s like the rest of the house.
- Add more storage. For your garage to be functional, you want to ensure that you have the right amount of storage from your tools to your Christmas decorations, wall to wall shelving is the necessary basis for your garage space. Make sure that you add more than you need – just in case!